(August 13, 2013)
We had another day with visiting granddaughters; we added one more to the group today. Abby quilted her project from last week, added the binding, and started hand stitching it down. Jaya went from dogs last week to cats this week, and Keiara is almost done her blanket top. Gail’s granddaughter, Breanne, joined us today and is working on a set of placemats.
It was nice to see some of our regulars back from a few weeks off. Betty and Patti hadn’t been seen for awhile but were sewing today. And Sandy Tuba is back, but only for a short time. She will have surgery on her other wrist in a week or so. Helen stopped in to transition me into the Treasurer’s position. She has small feet but they will be big shoes to fill. I took several pages of notes, but will have Helen’s number on speed dial! Helen and Cathie also finalized the reporting from the quilt show raffle.
The highlight of the day, and the reason for so much buzzing, was a pot luck lunch to wish Kathy Vallee all the best in her new home at Blind Bay. There was a good turn out and, as always, so much good food. We will miss you Kathy and hope you keep in touch.
The Tuesday Sandwich Board
Lots of stars and placemats today, along with several other projects.
Mark your Calendars
The Quilters Fabric Sale – September 14, 2013 – Seniors Centre
- Table registrations ($10 to reserve) are required by August 31
- An opportunity to sell your unwanted fabrics, books, patterns, kits, thread… etc.
- An opportunity to build your stash from local quilting.enthusiasts.
- For more information, contact Alice McCallum (see the membership list)
Hands Across the Water – October 19
- Maureen Tierney has some transportation plans in the works. She will be contacting you if you have signed up for this event.