June 18, 2013
It was so nice to be back at the bee today. I missed the enthusiasm, inspiration and laughter of my fellow quilters. It was especially nice to see Gail back at her sewing table and, although she didn’t stay long, it was nice to see Alice. Barb provided us with three choices for our Tuesday project and our red and white were proudly showing. And speaking of proud, Rene brought photos of her granddaughters from their dancing class and Sandra is just back from Victoria where her daughter graduated, with distinction, from University.
Today was moving day as our cupboards and their contents moved from the computer room to the new storage room. Our man, Oris Werner, was on hand for the heavy lifting and this isn’t the first time he has helped us with those cabinets. Many thanks Oris. As it was being built the addition looked so big, but it won’t be long before all the groups have it stuffed to the rafters.
The topics around the lunch table were quite varied. Gail’s cruise plans led to speculation about how much fun the crew onboard those ships could be. From that we moved to the sinking of the Queen of the North and the new ruling that there now need to be three people on deck. Gail wondered … and at least one other was thinking … about what that could lead to! From there we moved to a discussion of the Shades of Grey trilogy, and then some more sedate types of reading. Never a dull moment on a Tuesday.
Here are a few reminders for Thursday’s wind-up. Doors open at 5:30 (set-up starts at 5 PM). The party gets underway at 6 PM.
- Cowboy-themed costumes (prizes for the best get-ups)
- Appies or desserts
- Bring your own placemat to decorate the tables
- Donations for the Food Bank
- Door prizes (if available)
A couple of housekeeping notes:
- Library books should be returned by the year-end party so inventory can be taken
- Registration fees for Hands Across the Water are due
The Tuesday Sandwich Board
I’m sorry to have missed the quilt Gwen was sandwiching, the two projects that Gail was working on, and Betty’s Judy Niemeyer table runner.
Hands Across the Water – October 19
- Hosted by Comox Valley Schoolhouse Quilter
- Event will be held in Courtenay but Island quilters will do a ferry run
- Billets are available
- Cost is $15.00
- Contact Maureen Tierney (see membership list) for details