Thanks to Sandra we were able to admire our Show and Tell quilts throughout the business meeting. Not that we needed any distractions – it was a lively event and full of new information. So much so that I’m adding an extra blog about some of the highlights.The instructions for this month’s Round Robin challenge were interesting and almost unimaginable – cut and insert three times, and turn the piece back into a square or rectangle. Good luck to all the participants – I can’t wait to see the finished results!
Kathy has challenged each Guild member to create one placemat (12″ x 18″) to be handed in at the June business meeting. These placemats will be passed along to the folks receiving dinners from the Meals on Wheels program. We outdid ourselves with the Olive Devaud challenge and I know we can do it again.
- Thursday, April 11th @ 7 PM at the home of Jennie Read (see membership list)
- Friday, Saturday, and Sunday April 12, 13 and 14
- Call Deb Jenkins (see membership list) to book a spot
Project Tuesday (April)
- Tuesday, April 16th – 9 AM to 3 PM
- Fun with flowers, teapots and Spring things
- Thursday, April 18th from 7-9 PM – Fibre Follies brought to you by the Fibre Speak group
Stained Glass Quilt (Susan Sharkey)
- Saturday, April 20th (9 AM to 4 PM)
Star Quilt (Sharon Erickson, Darlene Sinclair)
- Sunday, April 21st (9 AM to 4 PM)
Guild Business Meeting
- Thursday, May 2nd @ 7:00 PM
Community Quilts Weekend
- Saturday & Sunday, May 4 & 5
Barn Quilts, Shows and Tours
Thanks to Maureen for this information. Click on the image to get a larger picture of the brochure.
Can you think of any spots around town we where we could hang a bit of our own quilt graffiti?