Were you happy to see the snow? While it looks pretty outside, it isn’t as much fun going out in it. In spite of the white stuff, we had a good turnout at our last bee of the year. There was Christmas music playing, and a few carollers in one corner of the room. Many of us have finished our Christmas stitching, a few have given up on Christmas stitching for this year, there are others who are still moving right along, and some who are starting new projects. And who do you think has already switched to the next big holiday? If you guessed Kathleen O’Malley and Valentine’s Day you would win the prize (if there was a prize).
Our Tuesday bees are such fun and, in spite of the chatter and laughter, there is a lot of work accomplished. Today’s biggest laughs came from thoughts invoked by front-row seats (in Vegas) to Nat King Cole, and totes full of fabric (and what should be done with them). Thanks to Marianna for an image I won’t soon forget!
Marianna was looking for patterns for small mice (for her cats), and Margie didn’t want to think about rodents of any kind. Barb Kuntsi brought two projects to work on – a cute knitted hat and a piece of redwork embroidery. Winnie, Sandra and Marianna were working on snowflakes and Margie had another Christmas project on the go. Betty was continuing to work on her Christmas tree while Patti and Barb were starting new projects. Annie finished up the top for a door hanging, and I worked on my applique project.
Galena Bay has announced a Boxing Week Sale – 50% off Christmas fabric and 20% off all other fabrics. So if Santa doesn’t bring you exactly the shade you were looking for you might find something here!
I’m looking forward to seeing everyone at the Christmas Party on Thursday – remember to bring your recipes for the website.
The Tuesday Sandwich Board
WordPress has made some changes that I haven’t quite sorted out yet and, for now, the slideshow option has disappeared. If you click on one of the photos though you can scroll through the enlarged images.
Quilt Across Canada Challenge (63,360 inches = 1 mile)
There is still time for you to send totals to Nina so they can be added to her December report.
Pot Luck Christmas Party
- Thursday, December 20
- Doors open at 5:30
- Bring an appetizer or a dessert (and the recipe for the blog)
- Bring a contribution to the Food Bank
- Door prizes will be gratefully accepted (and received by the winners)
- Gift exchange (should be $10 or less) if you wish to participate
Quilt Show Meeting
- Thursday, January 3 @ 6 PM
Guild Business Meeting
- Thursday, January 3 @ 7 PM
One Block Wonder
- Saturday, January 5 & Sunday, January 6
- January 17 – Ideas for the Quilt Show boutique
Pieces of Passion
- Our Guild’s Show and Tell – March 9 & 10, 2013 at Dwight Hall
Art Mosaic (Film Festival)
- February 19-24, 2013 at Dwight Hall. This will be great advertising for our Quilt Show.
3” Squares for the Quilt Show
- Pass these to Gay at any time.
- Raffle tickets should be picked up from Cathie as soon as possible. These will make great stocking stuffers.
- These can be picked up from Sherry at the Tuesday bees, the Christmas party or regular Guild meetings and demos
- Tuesday between 9 AM and 3 PM (except the second Tuesday of the month)
- Thursday evening during the regular Guild Business Meeting and demo nights
- Your offerings for Community Quilts are (always) gladly accepted.