Today was Project Tuesday and many of us were making Barb’s cute snowman. As you will see from the photos the projects were in all stages of finishing, but look at the wonderful variety in the background colours and the hat and scarf fabrics. Some were even adding extra features – I saw a bird (button) sitting on a shoulder and sun beaming from the corner of another. And a few brought in theiir Santas, Grinches and Trees from our previous session.
Darlene continued to do some tutoring on last week’s Snowflake, and Sharon dropped in to see some of the finished products. Every one of them is beautiful and, as Sharon pointed out, no two snowflakes are the same so a “mistake” doesn’t even show.
Norma was passing out entry forms for the Quilt Show. If you didn’t get one today you can pick one up at the Guild meeting on Thursday. Annie will be accepting your Senior Center dues on Thursday – $20 if you renew before the end of the year. I expect to have the Guild Membership cards ready for you as well.
There were quilts, tablecloths, placemats, and napkins being stitched today. If it is true that variety is the spice of life, we are a very tasty group at the Tuesday bee!
The Tuesday Sandwich Board
The pictures are worth a thousand words stitches!
Quilt Across Canada Challenge (63,360 inches = 1 mile)
We added another 741 inches today. Nina will give us our new total on Thursday. If you are interested in the big picture, Canadian quilters have inched their way from St. John’s, Newfoundland to Dryden, Ontario.
Quilt BC 2013
There is still lots of time to enter your quilt into the Juried Show at Quilt BC. You will find the form you need (and all the other details) on the Quilt BC website .
Libby Lehman’s class is full, but there is still time (and room) for signing up with Elizabeth Spannring, Patti Morris, Vivian Kapusta or Margie Davidson. The details on the classes can be found here. Classes are $125 a day and include lunch.
Quilt Show Meeting
- Thursday, December 6 @ 6:00 PM
Guild Business Meeting
- Thursday, December 6 @ 7:00 PM
Pot Luck Christmas Party
- Thursday, December 20
Door Hangers for Olive Devaud
- The hangings can be any size, as long as they fit on a standard door. Adding a sleeve to the back will help with their placement. Don’t forget a label on the back so your work is acknowledged.
3” Squares for the Quilt Show
- Pass these to Gay at any time.
- Tuesday between 9 AM and 3 PM (except the second Tuesday of the month)
- Thursday evening during the regular Guild Business Meeting and demo nights
- Your offerings for Community Quilts are (always) gladly accepted.
Art Mosaic (Film Festival)
- February 18-24, 2013 – Location to be confirmed. This will be great advertising for our Quilt Show.
Pieces of Passion
- Our Guild’s Show and Tell – March 9 & 10, 2013