As promised, Darlene and Sharon spent much of their day teaching the Folded Snowflake technique to many ambitious ladies. I’ve learned a lot since I started quilting with the Guild – the most important thing I’ve learned is not to attempt something that complicated. I know, they all say it is easy once you get the technique but when I see the advanced quilters struggling I know it isn’t for me – just yet! It was great to have Sandra Tuba join us today – broken ankle and all! It takes a lot to keep a quilter from her stitches.
The raffle quilts were being photographed today – the photos will accompany the book(s) of tickets we will begin selling in December. Update your client list now so you will be ready as soon as sales commence!
Next week is Project Tuesday (out of sequence but in time for Christmas). Barb brought her sample along today and it is another winter winner! If you missed the supply list let me know and I’ll e-mail it to you.
The Tuesday Sandwich Board
There are still lots of Christmas projects in the works so, again, no names have been attached the these photos.
Quilt Across Canada Challenge (63,360 inches = 1 mile)
Nina reports via Facebook that we are over 7000 inches. That puts us just short of Mitchell Brothers!
Quilt BC 2013
If you want to enter your quilt into the Juried Show at Quilt BC you need to get your entry in by January 15, 2013. You will find the form you need (and all the other details) on the Quilt BC website (http://www.canadianquilter.com/pdf/quilt-canada-2013/2013Call-for-Entry.pdf).
Although I’ve never been to a National Quilt Show I have seen many of the beautiful pieces that have been created by members of the Guild. Just last week I had a chance to see the beautiful work of art that won Deborah Jenkins a Viewer’s Choice award. So come on ladies – get your entries in. Every quilt entered receives feedback from the jury, whether or not it is accepted into the show. If you are accepted, you will receive comments from certified CQA/ACC judges.
Quilt Show Meeting
- Thursday, December 6 @ 6:00 PM
Guild Business Meeting
- Thursday, December 6 @ 7:00 PM
Pot Luck Christmas Party
- Thursday, December 20
Door Hangers for Olive Devaud
- The hangings can be any size, as long as they fit on a standard door. Adding a sleeve to the back will help with their placement. Don’t forget a label on the back so your work is acknowledged.
3” Squares for the Quilt Show
- Pass these to Gay at any time.
- Tuesday between 9 AM and 3 PM (except the second Tuesday of the month)
- Thursday evening during the regular Guild Business Meeting and demo nights
- Your offerings for Community Quilts are (always) gladly accepted.
Art Mosaic (Film Festival)
- February 18-24, 2013 – Location to be confirmed. This will be great advertising for our Quilt Show.
Pieces of Passion
- Our Guild’s Show and Tell – March 9 & 10, 2013