Today was Project Tuesday at the bee. Barb provided us with three options for our October wall hanging – sunflowers, a leaf wreath or a Remembrance Day wreath. As always she provided us with patterns and all the help we needed.
There wasn’t too much chatter about Hands Across the Water but I understand that a good time was had by all. I know some members got in a bit of shopping and Kathy Parker came home with a fascinating door prize.
Because it was a project day we all enjoyed a pot luck lunch. Barb’s challenge to us last month was to bring gluten-free dishes. The counter couldn’t have held more plates and the food was all delicious. We are mulling over a couple of options for our November pot luck. Someone suggested sugar-free (which no doubt would be a healthier choice) but a pizza day was also gaining support. Stay tuned!
I’ve added a new suggestion to the Website of the Week (on your right under Pages).
The Tuesday Sandwich Board
There were lots of sunflowers and wreaths almost completed by the end of the day. And there were some other lovely projects being worked on as well.
Quilt Across Canada Challenge (63,360 inches = 1 mile)
Nina reports that we have quilted 4,030 inches. Sandra Tuba reported an additional 144” today so our new total is 4,174” (almost 116 yards).
Quilt BC 2013
Registration for the CQA/ACC Quilt BC 2013 Conference starts Wednesday, October 17 at 9:00 AM for members (non-members must wait until Wednesday, November 21 at 9:00 AM). Register online at www.eply.com/quiltbc2013.
You can become a member of CQA/ACC right now and get in on the early registration. And don’t forget to book your hotel early for great rates at the Ramada Penticton, Coast Hotels & Resorts and the Sandman Hotels/Inns/Suites.
Demo Night (Reverse Quilt)
- Thursday, October 18, 2012 at 7:00 PM
Disappearing 9 Patch Class
- Saturday, October 20
Door Hangers for Olive Devaud
- The hangings can be any size, as long as they fit on a standard door. Adding a sleeve to the back will help with their placement. Don’t forget a label on the back so your work is acknowledged.
3” Squares for the Quilt Show
- Pass these to Gay at any time.
- Tuesday between 9 AM and 3 PM (except the second Tuesday of the month)
- Thursday evening during the regular Guild Business Meeting and demo nights
- Your offerings for Community Quilts are (always) gladly accepted.
Art Mosaic (Film Festival)
- February 18-24, 2013 – Location to be confirmed. This will be great advertising for our Quilt Show.
Celebration of Quilts
- Our Guild’s Show and Tell – March 9 & 10, 2013