There was no bee at the Senior’s Center today, but I bet that didn’t stop you. I’m sure some of the ladies were at Blue Mountain stitching but I wasn’t able to make it up today. I did a bit of work on another storage box, but I mainly waited for courier deliveries. I had my final knitting class this afternoon, and my socks should be finished in a day or two.
Do you do crafts other than quilting? I thought I’d spend my retirement catching up on all the cross stitch, knitting and crocheting projects I planned (and started) over my lifetime, but for the past couple of years quilting projects have taken over my life. I’m constantly bookmarking free patterns from the internet, I take as many Guild courses as I can, and I participate in many demos as well. But it takes a lot longer to make a quilt than it does to knit a pair of mittens!
Gay is collecting 3” squares for the Quilt Show demo area.
In case you missed the options for next week’s Tuesday project here they are again. And don’t forget the gluten-free pot luck challenge! Bring the packaging for all the ingredients you use in your contribution if you have any doubts.
Quilt BC 2013
Quilt BC has blocked rooms for reservations at three locations near the Penticton Trade and Convention Centre. It is the responsibility of each participant or visitor to make his or her own reservation. The blocked rooms for reservation will be released on March 31, 2013. Please make your reservation prior to that date or there will be no guarantee of availability.
Check out the guaranteed great rates for conference participants at the Ramada Penticton, Coast Hotels & Resorts and Sandman Hotels/Inns/Suites before the deadline.
The Tuesday Sandwich Board
Check back next week when we are back at the bee!
Quilt Across Canada Challenge (63,360 inches = 1 mile)
Our total as of the last business meeting was 3,922 inches (almost 109 yards).
We welcome Evelyn Seymour to the group. If you need help in figuring out how to join the group give me a call and I’ll try to walk you through it.
- Thursday, October 11, 2012 – 7:00 PM @ Gay’s home
Demo Night (Reverse Quilt)
- Thursday, October 18, 2012 at 7:00 PM
Disappearing 9 Patch Class
- Saturday, October 20
Door Hangers for Olive Devaud
- The hangings can be any size, as long as they fit on a standard door. Adding a sleeve to the back will help with their placement. Don’t forget a label on the back so your work is acknowledged.
- Tuesday between 9 AM and 3 PM (except the second Tuesday of the month)
- Thursday evening during the regular Guild Business Meeting and demo nights
- Your offerings for Community Quilts are (always) gladly accepted.
Art Mosaic (Film Festival)
- February 18-24, 2013 – Location to be confirmed. This will be great advertising for our Quilt Show.
Celebration of Quilts
- Our Guild’s Show and Tell – March 9 & 10, 2013