There is a second class for the Bargello table runner scheduled for tomorrow. It was a lovely display last night to see everyone’s fabric choices and success from the first class.
The next Sat workshop is the Mystery week-end in Jan. A great way to start off the new year with a Debbie Caffrey designed mystery. Our guild has done numerous designs by Debbie and they all have been a success. Because we are celebrating the move to our new digs at the Senior’s Center, there will be no charge for the workshop. You will only need to purchase the pattern. The first installment on the mystery was handed out at last night’s business meeting, which I assumed had the fabric requirements and pre-lim cutting instructions. There may still be patterns left, so call Kathy O if you have a question.
Our last activity in our old location will be the Christmas Party.
The doors open at 5:00pm on Thurs Dec 15.Lots of helpers to set up the tables are welcome.
We will eat and make merry at 6:00. Please bring:
1. a plate of appies or dessert to share
2.any doorprize that you would like to contribute.
3. there will be a gift exchange, so bring a wrapped gift at no more than $10 in value
4. There will be a little game devised by our elves and you are asked to bring a yard of fabric that you want to pass on to someone else. This can be ugly, pretty but not your style, or you’re just plain tired of it . Some people’s discards can be coveted by others, so there is hope that you will not go home with the same fabric that you brought.
5. We will also be gathering donations in food or $$$ to pass on to the food bank as their cupboards are often bare in January.
6. We try to cover our walls with christmas quilts,table runners or tree skirts for this annual party.Please share the christmas spirit and share your fabric decor.
At next Tues’s sewing session, we will be doing a final cleanup of the upstairs cupboard, and the 2 rooms downstairs. A detailed list of contents for the storage locker will be made. The Library books and supplies will be packed and ready for our move in January. We may have a grab box of small items at the Christmas party to be disposed of and it would all like a new home. Thanks to members for taking the bulletin boards and projector last night. We will be leaner and trimmer with this housekeeping behind us soon.