Those valentine blocks were just lovely, but unfortunately I did not win a set! Thanks for the large number of entries.
The next block of the month looks like it could pose a bit of a challenge to be creative with the cat fabric and the colour of your flower. NOTE UPDATE-Kathy O will have these at the Tues group meetings for you to pickup.
The community quilts were a joy to view – WELL DONE! guild members. The stage is going to look tremendous at the show.
The following notes were made from the quilt show planning meeting – can you assist with any of these problems?
1. We have a “draw” for a basket of Fat Quarters and all the fabric is donated by guild members. We are always pleased to have 75 or more fat 1/4’s , so if you can bring your donations asap to Suzanne H.
2. the Demo table will be a community quilt construction project. You are asked to bring 2.75 ( 2 3/4 ) inch squares to Yvonne asap. Our guests will be able to design their own simple nine-patch block and we will sew it together, then place on the design wall and assemble through the week-end. I was able to cut a stack about 6 inches high from our community scraps, but the ladies would like to fill a shoe box full of squares of all colours and values.
3. If you haven’t picked up your raffle ticket packet yet, then see Sandra at a tues morn . Everyone is expected to sell 2 books BEFORE the show.
4. Sherrill is calling for quilts and wall hangings for the Marine Ave Quilt Walk. These quilts can be of any age, and should not be anything that you planned for the quilt show.
5. Kathy O’m is still looking for a few door prizes. Any of our guests would be pleased to have a small wall hanging, set of placemats, tea cosy, table runner, tabel center mat.
6. Margi and Dale would like to see your attic and basement contents searched for anything related to “tea” . They would like linens, trays, tea cups, creams and sugars, tea pots, small tea tables, or tea trolleys.
Gail , our illustrious leader, would like to remind you that all committee heads should be working on their reports to be handed in at the March 24th meeting. Yes, we will meet the Thurs after the quilt show to hash over all the details and all reports are to be finalized then. Remember that this is a guide for the next committee and all information that you can add to the present file folder would help future people.